Hetq Media Factory starts the admission for the 2022-2023 academic year!
Responsible, reliable, and verified content is becoming more and more valued in current informational flows. Hetq Media Factory continues to educate flexible, creative, and responsible journalists who, through their stories, influence decision-making and societal processes.
According to the preliminary curriculum, the following subjects will be taught at Hetq Media Factory this year:
- Intro to Journalism and Writing Skills,
- Investigative Journalism,
- Data Journalism,
- Video Journalism,
- Shooting and Video Editing,
- Data Visualization and Animation,
- Photo Journalism,
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS),
- Economic and Finance Journalism,
- English for Journalists,
- Ethics and Media Law,
- Digital Security.
If you want to master the skills of writing, filming, editing, data visualization, and analytics, and apply them in investigative and multimedia journalism, join Hetq Media Factory’s education program and turn your skills into a profession.
Studying at Hetq Media Factory is free.
This year, 30 students will have the opportunity to study at the Media Factory with a new generation of audio/video equipment and laptops.
The duration of the educational program is one academic year with two semesters (September-December, January-May). Classes will be organized from Monday to Friday in two shifts from 10:00 – 13:10 and from 14:30 – 17:40.
The preliminary timetable of courses at Hetq Media Factory
Hetq Media Factory invites you to apply:
- people over 18 years old,
- students from journalism and/or other faculties,
- journalists from different newsrooms, as well as freelance journalists,
- people with an interest in the media field.
Apply to Hetq Media Factory if you:
- are able to spend 4-6 hours a day on classes and home assignments,
- meet the deadlines,
- are ready to work in unpredictable situations specific to journalism,
- appreciate the importance of education, personal growth, and professional development,
- are flexible in terms of innovation, changes, and understanding of differences.
1) Selection of preliminary applications based on the online application,
2) Interview and test,
3) Final selection and approval.
The project is implemented by the Investigative Journalists NGO and is funded through a U.S. Department of State Public Diplomacy Section grant. The commencement of the third academic year at the Hetq Media Factory is pending on funds availability.
If you have questions or concerns, please call +374 44 20 20 48 or write to the following e-mail: email@example.com.